Sunday, October 9, 2011

VH1's Greatest Songs of the '00s

VH1 has been showing the greatest songs of the first 10 years of this millenium for about a week.  Naturally, this is the perfect time to watch a bunch of music videos on VH1.  I have really enjoyed watching the countdown.  If you'd like to read the entire countdown, you can easily visit the page at: VH1's Greatest Songs of the '00s.

I agree on many of the choices for the countdown.  I am glad Hey Ya! and Poker Face were in the top 3 where they belonged.  However, there is a great injustice in this countdown!  One of the greatest songs ever has been ignored.  I am talking about My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas. 

How is it possible to have a countdown without My Humps?  Everyone was singing that song and discussing it.  Where is it?  Instead, I Gotta Feeling is included on the countdown.  Really?  Sure, everyone likes that song, but everyone REALLY likes My Humps.  It was so popular, Alanis Morissette created her own version of it.  Any song that is worthy of a parody is worthy of being on this countdown. 

VH1 - How could you neglect this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment