Sunday, July 1, 2012

Who is Molly?

I would like to take the time to save some of you out there some major embarrassment.  I consider myself someone who is usually up on all pop culture references.  I watch The Soup, check out the internet daily, and most of all, keep up with celebrity tweets on Twitter (don't worry, that last one was a joke).  However, I was stumped recently. 

While walking along the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD, my friend and I like looking at all the random t-shirts being sold at shops.  This past week, we went to Ocean City and enjoyed the standard t-shirts with insults, celebrity references, and Jersey Shore quotes.  But there was one shirt that popped up all over the place.  Every shop had one or more versions of this shirt.  They featured phrases like, "I am looking for Molly," or "Can you help me find Molly?" or "Molly makes me want to dance."  We had only one question: who the hell is Molly?

Molly is quite the popular gal all over the boardwalk.  There were even guys wearing the t-shirts everywhere we went.  We were confused.  We almost started to ask someone wearing the shirt, "Who is Molly?"  Some shirts even had a photo of a girl with tape over her mouth.  Is Molly missing?  Has she been kidnapped?  Wow, we were confused.

After taking some time to investigate this mystery once I got home, I learned Molly is actually a club drug.  Molly is MDMA and a stronger form of Ecstasy.  Apparently it is hard to find, which is why people are looking for Molly.  Upon further investigation, I discovered there is even a music video devoted to Molly.  The girl in the video is the girl whose photo was on the shirts.  Well, now it all makes sense.

For me, personally, I feel pretty good that I did not know who or what Molly referred to on all the t-shirts.  I am not into the drug scene, and therefore, I do not want to promote drugs in anyway in this blog.  However, to save anyone else some embarrassment on the boardwalk this summer, I wanted to let you know the true meaning of these shirts.  This way, you won't do something embarrassing like approach a random guy wearing a Molly shirt.  I don't think that would be such a great idea.

Even if I disapprove of drug use, I've found the song has actually grown on me.  In my own warped way, I would like to believe some people were not even into the drug scene, but just simply liked the song.  So here is a video in case you are interested...

P.S. This is definitely an R-rated video.  If you are easily offended, don't bother watching this.

1 comment:

  1. product quality is controlled according to the standard request strictly, enjoy good reputation on the domestic and international markets. buy MDMA online

    ReplyDelete