Sunday, October 7, 2012

Is Jersey Shore Already Over?

As a fan of Jersey Shore, I have to admit I was pretty sad to hear this is the last season.  I have grown to love the Jersey Shore crew just as if I know them myself.  However, now that I've seen the first episode, I know it is time for the show to end.

No one can stay young forever, and the gang is getting older and moving on.  After all, you can't (or at least shouldn't) have a house full of adults partying every summer without real responsibilities.  They are all changing and moving on.

Snooki was pregnant while filming this season of Jersey Shore.  You simply can't have Jersey Shore without Snooki, but pregnant, responsible Snooki isn't going to pull in ratings.  Sure, we all love her and probably respect her more now, and in the end, this makes her a better person.  But Jersey Shore just isn't the same.

The Situation has been to rehab recently and he is now trying to make amends with his roommates.  He is no longer drinking.  Although, once again, this makes him a better person, this is also a strange turn of events for a show known for partying.

Finally, we have Vinny now deciding he is going to be celibate.  I am kind of hoping that is a joke, but something tells me it isn't.  It seems as if half the house is trying to go down a healthier path. 

While I applaud these efforts, it makes me realize Jersey Shore and its glory days have truly ended.  I want nothing for the best for these people I almost feel I've gotten to know on a personal level, but I know this really should be the last season of Jersey Shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment