Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dudes and Chick Flicks

I used to believe that because I did not like so-called "chick flicks" - tear jerkers, romance movies, and that type of thing - that was a major plus on my part with the guys.  I thought this put me a cut above the rest.  Many women force their guys to watch Sex and the City or something like that.  Not me!  I like slasher movies and comedies.

Recently, I learned I was terribly wrong with this assumption.  More men today are being taught to be sensitive.  There is nothing wrong with this, but for some reason, this also seems to mean men like "chick flicks" now. The funny thing is, guys think that is a major selling point for them.  So many men tell me, "Hey, I like the Notebook... I even cried."  Yeah, pal, you are a dime a dozen.  Every dude likes chick flicks now.

So, for the record, if you are a dude that loves chick flicks, you are not alone.  Trust me, you are really really not alone.  If you are a woman that thinks bragging about your dislike for chick flicks is going to get you anywhere, it just isn't.  This is the way the world works now.  So now, I've got to think of something else that will impress the dudes.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment