Saturday, January 21, 2012

Voice Activated Televisions

Recently, I've been hearing a lot of talk about voice activated TVs.  Apparently a number of companies are trying to create this.  I don't know about you, but I want to voice my unhappiness about this right now.  I am not interested in a voice activated TV. 

All day long, I have to be polite the the people I work with, friendly with people I meet on the street, and when I make a call to any company's number I have to talk to an automated service.  I am tired of it!  Now, when I get home and I can finally get some peace and quiet, am I going to have to have a conversation with my television, too? NO!  I refuse! 

I love my TV.  It is the one thing that won't argue with me.  I can just use a remote control and it is awesome.  Why are companies trying to complicate something so easy and simple?  As an example, my bank recently changed their extremely easy phone system to a more complex, super annoying phone system that I have to talk to in order to just hear my account balance.  I used to punch in some numbers and I was done.  Now I have to talk to something that is not human and I have to speak clearly or it gets confused.  Back in the good old days, I could have a mouthful of food and still use the system.  I can no longer enjoy that simplicity.  I have to be polite to a machine.

I can't stand the thought that I may have that simple joy taken away from me and my TV viewing.  Perhaps some people that lose the remote all the time might like this, but not me.  Please please please... any executives from any companies that make televisions that read this (fat chance, I know), don't take away my one simple pleasure in life.  Please don't make us all have voice activated TVs.  I might actually just opt to read or something instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment