Tuesday, February 21, 2012

5 Musicians You Should Be Listening To Right Now!

I am always looking for new great singers and bands.  Every now and then, I actually find them!  The music industry seems to be actually improving right now.  So here are some new acts you should check out:
Dragonette

Apparently, I have been really missing out.  Luckily, I heard this Dragonette song playing in a Nordstrom's Rack dressing room (no, I'm not kidding) and I've been hooked since then.


Fitz and the Tantrums


If you like old timey rock music or Motown, you might just love Fitz and the Tantrums.  They kick it seriously old school.  Their entire CD is made to look like a record album and their music is fabulous.


Yeasayer

Pronounced like "Yay sayer," I first heard this band on Conan.  My favorite song is the one they actually performed that night on Conan's show called "The Devil and the Deed."


The Civil Wars

The Civil Wars are now a Grammy winning act, so I can't believe I am alone in believing they are a super awesome duo.  Check out my favorite song by them called "Poison and Wine."



Foster the People

Last, but never least, is my new favorite band called Foster the People.  They are a strange and quirky group of guys.  Their songs are meaningful, yet sound light-hearted.  If you don't listen to the lyrics, you can just dance without a care.

No comments:

Post a Comment