Friday, July 29, 2011

120 Minutes Returns to MTV!

I don't know about you, but I was a HUGE fan of 120 minutes in the 1990s.  Every Sunday at midnight, I could look forward to watching the best in alternative videos.  120 Minutes aired videos no one else was showing.  If you wanted to see a band before anyone else even knew about them, you watched 120 Minutes.  In high school, I was the first person to know about Nirvana.  Life was good.

For many years, there has been an empty space in my life.  My once "cool" existence ended around the same time the show ended.  It has been outright difficult to listen to good music and know who is the next up-and-coming artist without 120 Minutes. 

Now for the good news - 120 Minutes is coming back!  If you have MTV2 (and most of you now do because of the digital cable upgrade) you can watch 120 Minutes again.  And yes, Matt Pinfield is hosting it again.  I know, I know, I feel like I am going back in time.  The show will start airing new episodes again on this weekend.  If you are on the east coast, it is on at 1 am (Saturday night into Sunday morning) on July 31, 2011.  Oh, happy days!

Even if you can't stay up for it, be like me and tape it.  Honestly, I am not as young and spunky as I once was when it originally aired.  If you have a DVR or you are still kicking it 90's style with your VCR, make sure to tape it.  Thank you, MTV, for finally giving your fans what they want!

For more 1990s fun, check out: It's Time For a 1990s Comeback

No comments:

Post a Comment