Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Little Review of the New 120 Minutes

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was super excited to hear 120 Minutes was coming back on the air this weekend.  The new 120 Minutes premiered last night.  I taped it and just viewed the show.  It was an exciting time for me.

I have to say, Matt Pinfield looks like he has never aged.  He is the same guy I remember from the original 120 Minutes.  It was nice to hear some new bands, like the Joy Formidable and Cults.  I also enjoyed watching some old clips from artists like Radiohead.  A number of bands appeared on the show for interviews, as well.

If I had to be picky about anything at all, I would say I was a little sad the show featured interviews from Kings of Leon and PJ Harvey, but did not show any of their videos.  I was really excited because I thought perhaps PJ Harvey had a new video and I would get to see it, but no such luck.  I guess I can just hope for next week.

Overall, the new 120 Minutes is just as awesome as the original, and I can't wait to see the next episode.  Just the fact that this show exists again gives me hope for the music industry.  I believe there was a time when there wasn't enough decent music out there, but now there are enough new, talented artists to fill up at least 2 hours of air time each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment