Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Ending of Insidious

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read this post if you have not yet watched Insidious.

Anyone who is familiar with this blog must realize I am a little obsessed with Insidious.  After watching it about 5 or 6 times recently (I bought the DVD last weekend), I have come up with a theory about the ending of the movie.

Of course, at the end, we are to believe that the ugly old lady has taken possession of Josh's body.  I daresay I also believe the demon has taken over Dalton's body, as well.  The next time you watch the movie, take notice that the psychic does not go anywhere near Dalton.  She is more focused on Josh.  Dalton is wisked away by his grandmother and mother.  He only states the he is hungry and tired.  We do not see enough of Dalton to determine if he is OK. 

What I believe happened is the demon took over Dalton's body and the old lady took over Josh's body.  In the scene when people are returning to their bodies, you never see who really gets back into each body.  I firmly believe Dalton is not in his body either. 

I am assuming there will be at least one sequel.  I am curious to see if the second movie only focuses on Josh being possessed.  It is possible it will focus on Josh so there will be a third movie about Dalton.  I am very curious to see how this plays out.  Sorry if I ruined to movie for anyone!

To read my initial reaction to seeing this movie at the theater, please click on: Insidious is Making Me Lose Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment