Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Microwave Oven - A Couch Potato's BFF

Who wants to talk about food?  Bah.  Whatever.  I want to talk about food.  Whenever I am watching non-stop programs on TV, I feel the need to eat snacks.  Of course, there is no time to cook.  That would take away from my TV time.  I want to take some time to talk about everyone's friend: the microwave oven.

The microwave oven has been around for a few decades, so some people just do not appreciate it anymore.  I remember as a kid, not having a microwave oven.  That makes me sound old, doesn't it?  Never mind that sentence.  At any rate, you can put just about anything in the microwave and heat it up.  Sure, baking food or broiling food is never going to work in the microwave, but it takes like 1 minute to cook a meal, so there is no need to be picky about what the microwave can't do. 

You can also watched things melt quickly or, if you don't mind a mess, you can even see an explosion.  What fun is that?  So I say, stop taking the microwave oven for granted.  It is wonderful!

For more on our friend, the microwave: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Operate-the-Microwave-Oven

2 comments:

  1. lol! I don't even like microwaves, but I still enjoyed reading this! Love your style!

    (I came over from Hubpages!)

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and following me. I love the microwave, but I am a big fan of the toaster oven, too.

    ReplyDelete