Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventures in Baking

Today just goes to show that sometimes it is not worth getting out of bed (or off the couch, for that matter).  My entire day has been a bit of a disaster.  Work has been crappy, but for some reason, I agreed to bake a cake for tomorrow's work party.  Good idea?  Wrong. 


I suppose this picture does not quite show how lopsided the cake really appears to be.  Also, the frosting is too runny.  Once the premade store frosting was not working out for me, I attempted to make homemade frosting.  That was also a disaster and went down the garbage disposal.  This just goes to show, sometimes, it is better to stay in bed.  Sigh.

So now, my lopsided cake with runny frosting will go to work tomorrow.  Perhaps people will consider this a good analogy for how my entire week at work has been.  Well, I must look on the bright side... at least I can eat cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment