Saturday, June 4, 2011

Infomercial Info Everywhere!

Recently I've been stumbling upon some totally ridiculous infomercials and infomercial gimmicks.  I can't believe some of the silly strategies used by these companies.  Have you ever noticed items are purposely overpriced when you can buy one and get one free?  As it turns out, the price of the first item is usually about the price both items should actually be if you bought them at a store.  Something tells me customers are not really getting anything for free.  Throw in the shipping and handling, and it is a total rip off.  

I felt the need to share this and wrote a hub about it: What Infomercials Really Mean

After writing this hub, I watched TruTV's World's Smartest Inventions 4 just the other night.  I could not believe they devoted an entire show to the same topic.  Luckily, someone was even kind enough to upload the whole episode to Youtube.  Check it out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment